• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 B-Engine Polara Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highcountry

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a '64 Polara Wagon that is a factory 'high option' car. It came with a 361 V8, Automatic Transmission, A/C, Power Steering and Power Brakes. The old beast has been sitting for a couple of decades, so the body is pretty much done for. However, the entire power train is unmodified and appears to be all original. The car is a 'one owner' vehicle purchased in Texas about 25 miles from where it currently sits and I have the original Texas Title.

If someone were totally serious, a restoration would be possible. However, in my mind it would make a great donor for a same vintage car. Everything you need to do say a 64 Fury with a Big Block,A/T,A/C,etc. all in one convienient package! I really don't know what this beast would be worth, so would appreciate it if someone would give me a rough idea?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Bruce

361 motors are not very desireable - some parts are expensive and hard to find, I'm told.

The big block cable shift trans. is a desireable item for the '62-'65 guys swapping to a big block.

An old time MoPar guy like myself will understand the importance of having an unmodified Big Block Engine Compartment, Underhood Heat A/C system and Dash/Instrument/A-C control and vents as well as Power Brakes and Steering all bolted together and untouched since '64...

An old time MoPar guy like myself will understand the importance of having an unmodified Big Block Engine Compartment, Underhood Heat A/C system and Dash/Instrument/A-C control and vents as well as Power Brakes and Steering all bolted together and untouched since '64...

a/c drew my attention. would still like to see some pics of the car.

I tried selling my push button sitting behind 361 for 75 bucks, and I still own own it.
That surprises me. Although I guess it is a narrow audience who would want the cable shift for an easier swap.

The '65 BB 727 is the desirable one because it is a cable shift trans and uses a slip yoke instead of the flanged tailshaft.

I always thought 361's were baby 383's?Wouldn't stock rebuild with mild cam,4bl,headers
& good ignition run pretty good?I know there is no replacement for displacement just saying.Anyway I'm doing wife's #'s matching 66 Satellite 361/727/2bl/AC/PS this way.

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back