• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Belvedere-windlace

If it is like my '63 Plymouth, the lace has to run under the sill plates. I could not find new lace that was anywhere near the diameter of the original - way too big and ended up reusing my old lace - maybe until one day a supplier has lace that will fit.

Repro windlace is is more "clothy" than the original. The original stuff was kind of plasticised and wore much better. The new stuff wears out faster from getting in and out of car. I bought new windlace for my '64 4-door hardtop, but ended up using some nice original pieces instead.

Thanks for the info. I have a 62 and 2 64 cars, all the original windlace was unuable! I have heard people complain about the repop windlace but we work with what we have! Guess ir is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Thanks for the info. I have a 62 and 2 64 cars, all the original windlace was unuable! I have heard people complain about the repop windlace but we work with what we have! Guess ir is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
I find the drivers door the most difficult to shut and the WS has been installed for 2 years now. Not too hard but, I have to be firm about latching or it bounces out. The other 3 doors seem to be easier to latch.
Mike

I find the drivers door the most difficult to shut and the WS has been installed for 2 years now. Not too hard but, I have to be firm about latching or it bounces out. The other 3 doors seem to be easier to latch.
Mike
Maybe adjust your door striker out a touch. As long as door still lines up OK.

Mike
i took a fine point awl & made more holes on my 64 dodge did help somewhat . also adjusted the striker plate & that worked better as dave 64t say's

I had a not nice experience with aftermarket crap, a suggestion was to install and keep doors closed for a week to create a set. Meant full squat and ended up damaging my door jam gear so had to find another. Should a sent the supplier a bill for my new door gear. Viewing the photos…aha…oh sure this was gonna fit…

20170706_092333.jpg 20170706_092411.jpg

Some days I wake up and wonder IF I was a Chevy or Ford guy, IF I would have the some struggles!?
At age 73 and 35 years messing with these old Mopars, I admit some days I am ready to sell it all and get buy 1 decent 95% DONE driver!!! It has been raining her for a solid freaking week and I guess I am just depressed!!!! House needs a new roof!!!

Some days I wake up and wonder IF I was a Chevy or Ford guy, IF I would have the some struggles!?
At age 73 and 35 years messing with these old Mopars, I admit some days I am ready to sell it all and get buy 1 decent 95% DONE driver!!! It has been raining her for a solid freaking week and I guess I am just depressed!!!! House needs a new roof!!!
LOL, I’m not far your junior; but can say things have improved for the most part (pun intended) finding parts for my old mopar when I bought it in ‘95. All sorts a stuff for chev’s, stangs, and other GM. In my case a ’63 Plymouth was a crusher car…hate to think how many were crushed! Some many years ago was lucky to snag some parts at boneyards before they met da crusher…and regret not snagging more when the opp was still there! But, mopars today have become the coveted group of cars to have. Yeah, I’m sure, like you, it was a real ordeal finding replacement parts or repro’s to build a mopar. And ahh…some innovation required to reassemble.

I am the same age as you and have been messing with B-bodies for 50 years. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon working on Vintage Air installation. I just had an Aleve for dessert after supper.

I am the same age as you and have been messing with B-bodies for 50 years. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon working on Vintage Air installation. I just had an Aleve for dessert after supper.
Only ONE?

Did my 64 Savoy in 2014..managed to get the P side door closed and never opened it since.
Really have to slam the D side to get it to close. Repos stuff was too big.

If you don't care if it has cloth on it,, I ordered seals for a 88 Dodge Ram truck from Rock Auto.
IMG_1994.jpg
IMG_1992.jpg

It comes long enough to do the car doors. Best part it was only $13 a door. No problem with the doors closing.
I did a 64 2 door sedan Dart first then my 63 Belvedere 4 door sedan.

If you don't care if it has cloth on it,, I ordered seals for a 88 Dodge Ram truck from Rock Auto.View attachment 1116308 View attachment 1116309
It comes long enough to do the car doors. Best part it was only $13 a door. No problem with the doors closing.
I like that! $150 -$200 a car gets expensive if you have 3!!! Maybe I would be able to get all the doors to actually completely shut too!!! Thanks for the tip!

Hey it worked for me. Found out by accident.I was looking for them for my 88 truck.

If you don't care if it has cloth on it,, I ordered seals for a 88 Dodge Ram truck from Rock Auto.View attachment 1116308 View attachment 1116309
Thanks for this information...when you've got a wagon, door seals get $$$$ very fast !

Auto Transport Service
Back