• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 64 Chrome Valve Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a set of chrome valve covers for 64 sport fury. These came on the street wedge and AMD repopped them for a while. Currently out of stock at AMD but wondering if anyone had a set they would sell. Looking for close to mint or mint condition. Picture below for the correct 64 covers.
400D8C37-FEA8-454F-B83B-FF076362A026.jpeg

Your best bet would be to find a set of painted 64 covers and have them chromed. I have AMD chrome covers and the bolt holes are off.

Like Joe said, look for '64 originals, and refinish them. AMD's are not the best choice. Maybe Cudachick could help ?

I believe I have a nice set of original painted ones if you decide to go the route of chroming them..

I have a very nice set of OEM 1964 chrome valve covers.

Your best bet would be to find a set of painted 64 covers and have them chromed. I have AMD chrome covers and the bolt holes are off.

chroming costs in Canada are outrageous. Chroming two valve covers would be over $1000 easy. I didn’t realize the AMD ones weren’t great.

I believe I have a nice set of original painted ones if you decide to go the route of chroming them..

i will get back to you if I can’t find a chrome set, thank you

Remember the originals have wire tabs spot welded to the right valve cover.

Pretty certain that they can be plated for well under 1000.00 Canadian.

I just paid $900+tax for the street wedge breather. Not many cheaper options around me.

I have one NOS and one really mint 69 and earlier covers. I also live close to the chromer in Kelowna who has a good rep. If someone knows what the correct tabs are for the 64 covers I might be able to hook you up if no-one else can. I'm in Canada so Canada Post works better than cross border for shipping as well. Pretty sure the NOS cover has 68 C-body tabs on it but I can polish that off easily.

I have one NOS and one really mint 69 and earlier covers. I also live close to the chromer in Kelowna who has a good rep. If someone knows what the correct tabs are for the 64 covers I might be able to hook you up if no-one else can. I'm in Canada so Canada Post works better than cross border for shipping as well. Pretty sure the NOS cover has 68 C-body tabs on it but I can polish that off easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back