• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Dodge 330 that was drag raced called the Dodge Sundowner

moparsrul

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
20170304_143226_1490328660736_resized.jpg
20170304_143240_1490328638319_resized(1).jpg
20170312_135217_resized.jpg
Does anyone know anything about a 64 Dodge 330 that was drag raced in the 60's and 70's called the Dodge Sundowner or something similar? I believe that it was raced in Oregon or Northern California?

Correction I think it could have been also called Sundowner Dodge or Sundown Dodge? It looks like the original color was a blueish, turquoises? I will post the paint code it's the same color of my 64 440 and 65 Satelitte

It looks like the color was EE1 Midnight Blue! You looking to sell it?

Moparsteve636 I think your right on the it is a different than my 440. I need to let one of them go I bought 4 cars in the last 2 months I just haven't made up my mind yet if this is the one to go?

The Vin code shows a 9 for Police does any one no exactly what that means? Was it a police car or heavy duty suspension?

Need more of the vin code to know for sure!

The Vin# starts like this 69422/////. The 69 are inset the 422/// are stamped out. I have had Mopar's for 37 years just haven't had many 64 -65 until the last 2 years so not super familiar with them. I have really acquired a taste for them and that's mostly what I have now.

Centerline you just totally made my day! :) That is defiantly the car. The guy that I bought it from owned it 20 or 25 years and said when he bought it it had Americans on it and he could afford the car, but not the wheels. So the previous owner kept them. I did some research on the car ,but came up blank. Now that I have that I can dig some more. Thanks Again

Centerline, could you tell me where you found those pictures on line ? I still haven't found any old pictures like the ones you came up with. I think I have locked the original owner from the story on the link. Thanks Again

Centerline, could you tell me where you found those pictures on line ? I still haven't found any old pictures like the ones you came up with. I think I have locked the original owner from the story on the link. Thanks Again
I found them in a thread on the HAMB forums. I don't post there because the owner is a first class A$$hole... but there is a lot of fabrication talent there especially when it comes to traditional hot rods. Here is the link.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/62-65-superstock-mopars-picture-thread.252583/

Be aware.... they don't like anyone who isn't building pre '64 customs and/or traditional hot rods and will rake them over the coals given the chance. Also, I have looked at every photo in that 44 page thread and those were the only pics of that car I found.

Good luck in your search.

Auto Transport Service
Back