• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Dodge from TN

Mopar Convert

Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,
Somewhat new to the forum. Joined about a year ago and have been soaking up as much info as possible about my first Mopar B body. Thought it was time to officially say hello and introduce myself. I was out of the car scene for about 30 years and have just recently been getting back into it, so its taking some time to get use to things again and accumulate the needed tools. I use to be a Chevy guy, but I guess you might say I found religion. Really enjoying the Mopar scene right now.
Anyway, here are few pics of my '64 Dodge 440; 318 Poly, 727 Pushbutton and 8.75 rear. The car was garaged when I found it, but had been sitting untouched for about 25 years. Engine was seized up when I bought it, but with a lot of Marvel Mystery oil and patients it finally broke lose a couple months ago. Once I did the basics like a tune up, new radiator, etc. it ran well (in the driveway) and all of the lights worked. I still have to go through all the suspension, brakes, front end, tranny, driveshaft, etc before I can drive her though. The underneath is rust free and no holes in the floor. Its a very clean car considering it originally came from Utah before ending up here in TN. The odometer and former owner says it has 67K miles on her.
Thanks for having me here and I'm sure I'll be hitting y'all up to pick your brains a bit.

IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG

Welcome from North Florida !!!
I gather you soaked up the need for pictures around here and did so on your 1st post so congrats.
Very nice original 440 :thumbsup:
I bet the tranny is just fine as they are tough as nails. Does it have the old ball & trunnion driveshaft ?
Now the brakes are another story.

welcome to FBBO nice looking 440 there are lots of great guys and gals on here that will help

Last edited:
Welcome from WNY ! We may be neighbors in the future, as TN is on our Escape List...

Welcome from Alabama, cool 64. Looks very solid.

Welcome!
I got a few of them as well.
Love 'em.

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Nice looking '64 Dodge. There is a lot a knowledge and good people willing to help on this site. It's always nice to see another '64 has survived. Here's mine.

P6130015.JPG P6130006.JPG 1964 Dodge.jpg

Welcome from Indiana. Nice 64, interesting, white with a red top. Is that the original paint/colors?

Welcome from NY.
Sounds like you are doing a great job with it

Welcome from North Florida !!!
I gather you soaked up the need for pictures around here and did so on your 1st post so congrats.
Very nice original 440 :thumbsup:
I bet the tranny is just fine as they are tough as nails. Does it have the old ball & trunnion driveshaft ?
Now the brakes are another story.

Yes, it has the B&T and needs attention. I'm actually thinking about doing the conversion and trying to find out what flange I need to use on the end of the 727. I have a guy that can do it, but we haven't been able to locate the part number I need with Spicer. Still looking. Thanks.

Welcome from Indiana. Nice 64, interesting, white with a red top. Is that the original paint/colors?

The white is original but I'm pretty sure the red top was painted later from what I can tell from fender tag codes. I kind of like it, but then again I'm bias. Thanks.

Welcome from Missouri!! I don't have a 64.............. :(

Yes, it has the B&T and needs attention. I'm actually thinking about doing the conversion and trying to find out what flange I need to use on the end of the 727. I have a guy that can do it, but we haven't been able to locate the part number I need with Spicer. Still looking. Thanks.
Or use a 1965 transmission. It still has cable shift, but uses a slider joint. Of course, you will have to come up with an appropriate driveshaft.

Auto Transport Service
Back