• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 64 Dodge/Plymouth Convertible Belt Moldings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I just removed these from my pristine 64 Plymouth Sport Fury CONVERTIBLE in favor of a new set. No dents, dings or heavy scratches. Perfect driver quality. They fit 64 Dodge Polara & 64 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible. A licensed Chrysler Plymouth Restoration part these were manufactured by PG Classics and sold through Classic Industries. I paid $563.94 for the new set. $250.00 + shipping.

1074865-4a45dc651e8e770e77872f6b4bd172e3.jpg

1074867-1995cd16dfbce868479157cc10db3d61.jpg

1074866-4b5f97b7678ad216f0c80c3a71d12d4c.jpg

Just an FYI these are convertibles with-out belt moldings.. Otherwise I would have bought them.

Not sure what you mean.

20210813_160653.jpg 20220130_193755.jpg

And it appears they have gone up!

Your talking about the optional molding on top of the doors and below quarter window?

Do you have a photo?

Your talking about the optional molding on top of the doors and below quarter window?
Yes. Let me see if I have an old one laying on the shelf to show you the difference.

To be honest I didn't know they existed. I was just using PG's description.

To be honest I didn't know they existed. I was just using PG's description.
Yep just trying to help you get them to the right person as we all have ended up with parts that were close but different. I talked to them decades ago and told them they should have made these first, then trim them off before plating and they would have a bigger market from basically the same mold.. They chose not to.

Ok I see. They just made a relief on the one end where the qtr trim would go over top. So the only recourse one would have is NOS or re- chrome. And being pot metal it would be hit or miss on the plating quality.

I don't think I have seen a 64 with that upper belt molding. I take it this was an option on Fury & Sport Fury alike?

Here's a passenger side from Ebay

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think I have seen a 64 with that upper belt molding. I take it this was an option on Fury & Sport Fury alike?
Yes an Option. I have them on my 64 Polara in my Avatar..

65's have em as well?

I looked again on that Ebay ad, he states 65 as well. Thank you for clearing this up! I can see the ones you are looking for are indeed quite rare since they only work with optional trim that was rarely bought new.

I would imagine but don't have much experience with 65's... I muddied up your ad enough again was just trying to help.

Not at all! Thank you for the learning experience! Your never to old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back