• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 dodge - window trim clips = help pictures needed

hogpowr

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
i'm restoring my 64 dodge 2 door sedan. it had no glass when i acquired it. does anyone have any pictures of the window trim clips installed? i have no reference of which clips to buy and which ones go where. exterior trim clip pictures and interior windshield trim clips would be awesome!

anyone have old pictures. thanks!

I have some of the old clips when I put my windshield in last year. I can take a pic for you later. My convertible did not have interior clips as everything was screwed on.

thanks. i have the clips. but it appears there are different type clips for front and rear.. perhaps top of windshield vs bottom? yes / no?

joe suchy probably is a good idea. thanks.

thanks. i have the clips. but it appears there are different type clips for front and rear.. perhaps top of windshield vs bottom? yes / no?

joe suchy probably is a good idea. thanks.

Yes the clips are different from front to rear. Joe is a plethora of knowledge with these small kinds of things.
I noticed on your dash, which looks fantastic by the way. Where did you get the block off plug for the heater fan switch?

[Here are the bottom and top front windshield clips installed. They are the same.

SANY0005.JPG SANY0006.JPG

Last edited:
There are no clips on the side trim for the windshield. They attach by screws inside the door jam as shown. There's also a little lip at the bottom of the side pieces that sort of hooks the lower windshield trim. The top end is held in place by the part that also grabs the top trim and meets the drip rail trim.

SANY0001.JPG SANY0002.JPG SANY0003.JPG SANY0004 (1).JPG

Last edited:
The rear windshield trim on a 64 sedan is a completely different animal. The pieces are held on by screws. If you need photos of those I can shoot some for your info. They are virtually the same in appearance on the 65 sedans as well. The 63 sedans and hard tops have similar rear windshield trim to the 64 and 65 sedans, while 64 and 6t hardtops have clip on trim.

Edit: I started thinking about this and had a chance today to check. I gave you some bad info regarding the rear window.

On a 63, all the trim pieces around the rear window are held by screws. This trim looks similar to, but is actually different than what's used on the 64 and 65 models. These two years DO have some clips securing the trim. The bottom piece along the base of the rear windshield is secured with screws.

If you need, I have a 65 sedan without the rear window trim installed and could post some photos of how that looks.

You may have already discovered I didn't know what I was talking about. I was going on memory which is risky anymore.

Hope I didn't waste much of your time on a wild goose chase. If you'd contacted Joe S he's probably already set you straight.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back