• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 newport radiator question

Marco Perez

Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
I was driving around today as i went outside I noticed a small puddle of radiator fluid on tge driveway, upon further inspection. It has a very small leak along the trim of the top of the radiator any suggestion ? And as far as replacing it is it pretty simple?

Thanks
Again guys

If you can find someone locally to "re-core" it that might be a good solution.
Not really difficult to remove and reinstall.
Loosen the transmission cooler lines from the bottom. Drain it from the little petcock valve on the bottom.
If the hoses are old at all get new ones and install a new thermostat as well. A 180 degree.
I fill it with water drive it a Few times and dump the water see how rusty the water is and go from there.

Can anyone link me to one I can buy I'd rather replace it since it's leaking.... recoring sounds like it might or might not work... but idk I'll ask around about recoring

Anyone try K&W coolant system stop leaks ? Says it'll stop small leaks which seems like just what I got going on .. I gotta wait till Monday to ask around about recoring but if it's cheaper I'd rather just replace the whole radiator.

Auto Transport Service
Back