• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Plymouth Heater control

RVW

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a good heater vacuum control valve for a non A/C 64 Plymouth. Anybody know where to get them?

If you go to 1962to1965 mopar.org and go to the technical articles about half way down there is a 2 part article on fixing the heater control switch on a 64 plymouth. They talk about actually taking the switch apart and rebuilding it. I thought napa used to have a close switch that needed a port or 2 plugged. If that doesnt work for you is a dodge heater switch the same? I might have an extra one lying around.

I have a NOS one $95 + shipping.

If you go to 1962to1965 mopar.org and go to the technical articles about half way down there is a 2 part article on fixing the heater control switch on a 64 plymouth. They talk about actually taking the switch apart and rebuilding it. I thought napa used to have a close switch that needed a port or 2 plugged. If that doesnt work for you is a dodge heater switch the same? I might have an extra one lying around.

I did this with JB weld & pop rivets. Worked out well.

IMG_3577.JPG

Here is the part number I am looking for
2496873 then below this number is 0182

several part #s for the same application

IMG_6955.JPG

If you don't mind my bringing up a related matter (63 Fury) my heater valve off the core always leaked under the dash and I had rebuilt the valve, worked fine; but then drip-drip onto the carpet again. I had worked on this several years ago and finally put it aside for other projects bypassing the core since most of the time it's only driven in warm weather. As memory serves, there was a tapered port with an o-ring seal that I putzed with repeatedly thinking I never got the sizing right. If anyone ran into this and fixed it appreciate hearing.

I don't know if I can help, but I deleted the heater control switch on my savoy. The plastic connector disintegrated though. Chrome and buttons are all good. This is only my 2nd mopar. But if you think I can be of any assistance and can tell me where and how to check if what you need is good and located, you can have mine for pretty cheap.

If you don't mind my bringing up a related matter (63 Fury) my heater valve off the core always leaked under the dash and I had rebuilt the valve, worked fine; but then drip-drip onto the carpet again. I had worked on this several years ago and finally put it aside for other projects bypassing the core since most of the time it's only driven in warm weather. As memory serves, there was a tapered port with an o-ring seal that I putzed with repeatedly thinking I never got the sizing right. If anyone ran into this and fixed it appreciate hearing.

I rebuilt my heater core 3 months ago in CT. sent my heater control valve to be rebuilt in WI. When putting the heater control valve back into the core I found that the O-ring that was provided was too small. I went to my local Auto Zone and picked up an O-ring assortment pack which had the proper size, all worked well...Nick T.

Nick - You were fortunate finding an o ring that worked as I tried different sizes and no luck. I will be taking my interior out this winter for body repaint (I hope) as my daughter bought a fixer upper house I'm helping her with that let's say needs a lot more fixin to get to the uppin part! I'll take out the valve and try again. Thanks, Ron H.

Nick - You were fortunate finding an o ring that worked as I tried different sizes and no luck. I will be taking my interior out this winter for body repaint (I hope) as my daughter bought a fixer upper house I'm helping her with that let's say needs a lot more fixin to get to the uppin part! I'll take out the valve and try again. Thanks, Ron H.

Ron, Let me look through my stuff and see if I have the original parts package for this O-ring and I'll pass it on...Nick T.

Thanks much!

Ron, I found the O-rings that fit for the heater control valve to the heater core tank, they work for 62-65 B-body heaters, non-AC. They are 5/8" (ID) x 13/16" (OD) x 3/32" (W). If you send me your address PM I'll send you a couple since I have extra's....Nick T.

Auto Transport Service
Back