• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Polara: Anodizing Parts List?

Sixpaksteve

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
Question for you fella's that have a '64 Polara.... What other big parts besides the Grill and the 2 Headlight 'C' rings were originally Anodized on our cars? I'm putting a list together of my parts that I want to run up to a shop in PA that was recommended here on the site and I'm trying not to miss anything. Thanks!

You have the piece that goes on the leading edge of the hood. Also depending on trim level, you have the pieces that go around the rear license plate

What is the name of the outfit doing the job?

Ahhhh.... I forgot about that hood piece. Thanks Ski! When you say 'pieces around the rear license plate', I recall there being a brite aluminum piece that's under the license plate but I'll have to dig thru my disassembly pics to see what else might be back there.

Moparsteve - I'm planning on taking the aluminum parts to Industrial Metal Plating in Reading, PA.. Another member here (also from Maryland) used them not too long ago and he was very happy with the results and the cost. He posted pics as well so if you can't find his thread by searching here, PM me and I'll provide you with more information.

Auto Transport Service
Back