• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara rear seat options?

hitparader

Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Getting around to the interior of my 64 Polara sedan. I am in need of new seat covers. Legendary makes a set for the hardtop, but not a sedan. The rear seat bottom is different between a 2-dr and 4-dr (the 4-dr seat bottom has rounded corners). As far as I can tell there are no other differences.

Since the Legendary is the only one making seat covers for these, My options seem to be either having an upholstery shop modify the 2-dr bottom cover to fit my seat frame, or to swap to a 2-dr seat frame. Not sure of the rear floor pan shape is different also. Has anyone else doe this, or done anything else different? Thanks

AA64CP00080610.jpg

Are you sure the frames are different or is it just the foam thats different?.

Are you sure the frames are different or is it just the foam thats different?.

Hmm, thats a good question...to be honest I just assumed the frames are different. Never seen a 2-dr rear seat frame in person so not sure.

I guess I’ve never heard of a Polara sedan, they were all hardtops as far as I knew. The 4 door and sedan rounded rear seat bottoms are the same. I wanted Belvedere II (hardtop) upholstery in my 65 Belvedere I (post), Legendary modified a squared rear seat cover to fit my rounded rear seat, don’t think they charged me anything. The squared seat frames are different from the rounded ones as far as I know.

Edit: except for convertibles

Last edited:
I guess I’ve never heard of a Polara sedan, they were all hardtops as far as I knew. The 4 door and sedan rounded rear seat bottoms are the same. I wanted Belvedere II (hardtop) upholstery in my 65 Belvedere I (post), Legendary modified a squared rear seat cover to fit my rounded rear seat, don’t think they charged me anything. The squared seat frames are different from the rounded ones as far as I know.

Edit: except for convertibles

thanks. Yeah I thought it was odd they make 4-dr covers for the Plymouth B-body (Fury) but not the Dodge. They basically said try my luck and see if SMS would make them. Since I’d like to get the car done this decade I didn’t pursue that option .

Auto Transport Service
Back