• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Savoy Build

Small Block

Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
She's been setting in the field for about 3 yrs and i think it's time to get her going. Drug it in the shop and started tearing it apart. By the way, it's a 64 two door post Savoy and an x Kentucky State trooper pursuit vehicle. Would love to have bubble gum unit for the top. If i can find one i'll paint it black and white with Torque thrusts all around. It came with a 383, push button auto which was not in the car when i got it. So as to make things easier on an old man (58) i bit the bulliet and bought a home made rotisserie as i currently has 3 projects in front of me. The rotisserie was built by an engineer friend of mine that works for a military contractor and it's hell for stout. You unlock it when your ready to spin it and then do so with one hand. I'll do some pics for ya. The floor pans were gone inside the car so i bought em from AMD through mopardave. Ordered them on wednesday and they showed up at my place yesterday being friday. Can you spell service. WOW. Right now it's rotated up on it's side and we're scarpingthe underside removing the undercoating. No laying on the back for this portion of the project. When finished we'll be running a 12.5:1 roller rocker DQ 440 with a floor shifted 727. We removed the front bench and will use front buckets and maybe a rear seat and maybe not. Parts are starting to come in as we've been ordering stuff everyday seems like. I'll get some pics up and keep ya posted on the progress. By the way, in the past 6 yrs i've hung out mostly over on FABO but now that i'm doing a B body i guess you'll be seeing and hearing more from me. I see there's some of the same great folks here also. Smae folks, different place.
Small Block

Hey! Where's the pictures already? I want to see this operation. :edgy: Sounds interesting. :grin:

Here's a few till i get more

IMG00166-20100620-1146.jpg

IMG00177-20100620-1150.jpg

IMG00186-20100621-1706.jpg

IMG00187-20100621-2000.jpg

IMG00189-20100621-2001.jpg

As you can see i'm just a little bit beside myself in the one pic after we got it swingin. I'm use to laying on my back scraping undercoating. NO MORE. I'll do some better pics of the rotisserie in the next few days. I was lucky to get this unit. It was built by an engineer buddy of mine that works for a military contract company that builds the 60K loaders. We're talkin 60,000 lbs. Dual pillow block bearing on both ends. This thing is hell for stout. You can put an intire car on it and spin it. NO BULLSHIT. No strain to spin it over. I'm spoiled now. This aint no $600 unit.
Small Block

Looks good,got any pictures before the tear down would be interested in seeing them.

Auto Transport Service
Back