• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 savoy-make more door into 2 door??

barbee6043

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
I've been mainly playing with A body stuff lately, but I had a 64 savoy I built from a roller back in mid 90's before anyone hardly had any use for such a beast. ya I know, I went brain froze and sold it. I fibnally learned to build what I like and forget about whats considered the "car" to own..
I have read about guys making the 4 into 2 door. I've rebuilt quite a few old mopes since mid 80's but just wonder if this is feasible unless I have donor car handy. these old things are getting harder to find here in Mo Ok Ks area. i'm not afraid of the cutting weldin body work. I found a running more doorpoly car for like $700 ( probably less).
any posts on here for such( converting the more door?)??? I havn't found anything....
maybe a member knows a guy I stumbled on, he does this and is somewhere s w of Kansas city in ks I think. maybe someone knows him. I don't have his number or city though. lost it.
I know with the economy and old car market as soft as it is, I should just look for 2 door project.
I have a couple of good duster drivers for sale or trade. feather duster and 72 on FABO. the a body market is slow too do doubt!!
after lookin at "fore sale" ads here looks like nothing is selling,at least in the early B cars. I didn't look at the 69 runners etc. i'm just interested in another early b or a 66-7 bel maybe.
for what the market actually is, looks like most is overpriced. even cars I would say are fairly priced aren't selling that I can see..... I see NOTHIN sellin her in FABO.. I realize anything over the price at the crusher is " salesmanship"> LOL

We did it to our altered wagon and there are a few guys here who have made successful conversions as well. The hard part is finding a good two door donor that is so far gone that it's deemed "unrestorable". All of the sheetmetal, like the b-pillar is connected to the rest of the body on the inside by spot welds so you need to drill them all out. Then just cut, measure and move. It's not exactly that simple but it's not that tough a job. I posted pics on my blog (linked below) way back so you can see how we did ours with a '63 2dr post donor.

thanks for the reply. very cool and interesting!!!!!! love it. I came close to starting a awb 65 dart once. I sold the darn thing. right now a guy can buy a car, NOT too sure I can sell one to anyone!!!????? LOL
like you said finding a wrecked usable donor would be the problem. finding a bone yard with any old stuff has gotten terrible hard. most of the old cars that were sitting in the farmer ditches has been rounded up for scrape, by the dopers and the sit on ya *** types too lazy too work.( I shouldn't be so mean!?) LOL!
here in mo near ks line will be a hot rod reunion drags( MO Kan raceway) in a week or so. maybe good place to check out.
thanks again for the get back.....

Just get your feelers out to all of the local wreckers who don't crush everything they see. The other alternative is lengthening your front doors but that seems like a ton of work and you still don't have the right b-pillar.

Parts are out there, you just need to be in the right place at the right time.
I parted out two 64 Plymouth two door sedans that were so rusty, that I am still sweeping up rust from them in my shop.
Just finished crating up the conversion parts to ship over seas to a guy doing a 2 door conversion.

HPIM2284_zpsc24cc792.gif

4dr 2dr conversion

I've been mainly playing with A body stuff lately, but I had a 64 savoy I built from a roller back in mid 90's before anyone hardly had any use for such a beast. ya I know, I went brain froze and sold it. I fibnally learned to build what I like and forget about whats considered the "car" to own..
I have read about guys making the 4 into 2 door. I've rebuilt quite a few old mopes since mid 80's but just wonder if this is feasible unless I have donor car handy. these old things are getting harder to find here in Mo Ok Ks area. i'm not afraid of the cutting weldin body work. I found a running more doorpoly car for like $700 ( probably less).
any posts on here for such( converting the more door?)??? I havn't found anything....
maybe a member knows a guy I stumbled on, he does this and is somewhere s w of Kansas city in ks I think. maybe someone knows him. I don't have his number or city though. lost it.
I know with the economy and old car market as soft as it is, I should just look for 2 door project.
I have a couple of good duster drivers for sale or trade. feather duster and 72 on FABO. the a body market is slow too do doubt!!
after lookin at "fore sale" ads here looks like nothing is selling,at least in the early B cars. I didn't look at the 69 runners etc. i'm just interested in another early b or a 66-7 bel maybe.
for what the market actually is, looks like most is overpriced. even cars I would say are fairly priced aren't selling that I can see..... I see NOTHIN sellin her in FABO.. I realize anything over the price at the crusher is " salesmanship"> LOL

barbee

Here a few cars to look at.
I have everything to do the conversion on my 64 Belvedere.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?20375-my-63-2-door-conversion-alterd

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?26525-1964-dodge-2-door-conversion

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?28503-1965-Dodge-Coronet-2X4-Conversion

Jeff

Boy have I got a deal for you! Lol I have a wrecked 2 door and a complete but rusty four door. And a lot of 64 parts. Maybe your intrested...maybe not but I do have them and would like to get rid of them both. Before I speak to soon though....I offered my engine guy first dibs on them. If for some reason he would not want them they would be up for grabs.

You can also look up the manitoba mopar association. A member cut up a 64 Savoy 4dr and made a 2dr out of it. The car has won awards at many shows, I think the build is still posted on the site.

barbee

Here a few cars to look at.
I have everything to do the conversion on my 64 Belvedere.

Jeff

Even the time required !! :)

Couldn't help myself !

Auto Transport Service
Back