• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Shifter handle?

barbee6043

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
My 64 Savoy project is rolling along since no one wants to pay shipping from Tx to where ever. LOL I gave it a set of A100 seats and fabbed the brackets like the SS. Sorta of a SS style build, no back seat. Not really a clone, it will be just a driver with probably some sort of BB. I understand the long handle used in these back in the day, but I am wondering of the 68-9 B body handle would be better fit???? Opinions??

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

I used a 69 console handle that worked out well in a 65 I had. Brought the knob closer to your right leg.
The early shifters were real close to the dash in 3rd gear and were known as knuckle busters.
But you are like me and will use what ever you find first !

I used a 69 console handle that worked out well in a 65 I had. Brought the knob closer to your right leg.
The early shifters were real close to the dash in 3rd gear and were known as knuckle busters.
But you are like me and will use what ever you find first !

I thought about the 69 B body shifter but it was also bad to put your knuckles in the dash! I have a 67 up A body shifter that will put it a litttle loser to my leg. Also a Mr.Gasket shigfter than has already been cut and weelded by a PO. I guess I will just waittil the eng. and trans. is in and then figure!!

I have a Hurst shorty handle, Not sure of exact length, about 10". It comes with an original white hurst T handle that is in very good condition. I used a fine scuff pad to clean the shift handle. It is not very shiny, but the black in the shift pattern is nice. $115 shipped US.

I have a Hurst shorty handle, Not sure of exact length, about 10". It comes with an original white hurst T handle that is in very good condition. I used a fine scuff pad to clean the shift handle. It is not very shiny, but the black in the shift pattern is nice. $115 shipped US.
I have one bout like that. Thanks anyway'

Auto Transport Service
Back