• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Sport Fury quarter glass

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
So I have finally decided it's time to tackle replacing the scratched 1/4 glass on the Sport Fury convertible. While in Carlisle I picked up both sides. I am replacing the incorrect carpet at same time. I have both rear glass out of the car. My question is, what is the trick to getting the securing captive washer fastener in behind the glass so you can start the nut? What position should the regulator be in? The service manual speaks of spring clips but I have large captive washer bolts and small captive washer nuts. Also, Are there supposed to be nylon inserts in the glass holes?

20210717_150025.jpg 20210717_150102.jpg

Last edited:
Passenger side showing the two holes the bolts go through from the backside.

20210717_153042.jpg

The glass just rest on this bumper..no channel.

20210717_132622.jpg

Installed.....having an extra pair of hands works great!

demoore, Thanks for the information as I need to replace the right rear quarter widow on my 64 Dodge.

Your very welcome...Huge difference having clear un-scratched glass now!

Better call Kramer before he sells out his stock from AMD!

dmoore...Already have it.
Thank you though for the heads up.

dmoore...On your 64 Plymouth 426 street wedge...
I have a question as to the spark plug protective covers...How many and where are they located on the block?
Also the spark plug routing brackets...How many and where are they located on the block?
Just about finished with the 64 Dodge 440 2dr 426 street wedge,4 speed, except for paint and interior, and would like to know what I'll need for protecting the spark plugs and wires.
Please let me know.
Thank you,
MadMax3426

From my research, gathering info from factory engine photo's I found there are two plug boot shields, one on each manifold towards rear. The "cupped" shield protecting #7 plug boot and the flat angled shield above #8

20210724_153351_resized.jpg 20210724_152723.jpg

As far as the plug wire routing brackets there are 4 brackets. The drivers side is secured by the 3rd head bolt from the front of engine and secures wires #3 & #5. The 4 wire bracket is secured by front exhaust manifold nut. The passenger side is secured by the 2nd head bolt from the front and secures wires #6 & #8. And like the drivers side the 4 wire bracket is secured by the front exhaust manifold nut.

20210724_152338.jpg 20210724_152246.jpg

Hope that helps..I can tell you ALL heat shields are there for a reason. Lot of heat is generated by that big block!

Last edited:
demoore...That so helps big time. Thank you for taking the time to help me out...

Just returning the favor I have been fortunate to receive. If you need anything furthur just yell.

I just might do that.
But for right now, I just want to say "Thank You."

That makes it easy now.
Thank you.

dmoore.... Okay, where do I bolt down the spark plug wire holder that is in front of #2 spark plug and the spark plug wire holder in front of #3?
Do they bolt to the exhaust manifold bolts or to the cylinder head bolt on the block?
See photo example.
Thanking you in advance.
MadMax3426

spark plug wire holder.jpg

Both mount behind forward exhaust manifold nut.

20210724_152338.jpg 20210724_152246.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back