• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Sport Fury Steering Wheel Price?

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
i purchased my 64 Sport Fury a few years back. Some things on the car are not all “sport fury”. For example the steering wheel is from a Belvedere instead. I’m not in a rush because there are a million other projects but one day I’d like to swap it out for the correct SF steering wheel. I came across a really nice one the other day but the guy wanted $700 CAD (~520USD) for it. I know these are a one year one model wheel but is this high? Seems a little steep for me but maybe one day I’ll just have to pony up. Thoughts?

They can be very expensive, after looking for over a year I bought one about 2 months ago for $600.00. I have seen a number $300 - $400, but they all needed to be rebuilt (can cost around $1200.00 for good rebuild if you have a core)

I'd be interested in your Belvedere steering wheel... let me know

Kirk

55 Year Old parts, few and far between, thus the high prices. If you really would like to have it, buy it. If you find another for a better price, you can always swap and re-sell to recoup some $$...

I paid 700 for a nice tan one with all the bling. And I paid 2250 bucks for a complete NOS red one.

I also had My blue one redone for my Roadrunner. They break all the old plastic off and put new high grade plastic on that is very crack resistant. That cost 900. I tried an aftermarket one for my Roadrunner, but they have holes on the back side and I was told they will crack at every hole.

I also had My blue one redone for my Roadrunner. They break all the old plastic off and put new high grade plastic on that is very crack resistant. That cost 900. I tried an aftermarket one for my Roadrunner, but they have holes on the back side and I was told they will crack at every hole.
What was the aftermarket brand/where did you get it? Paying for cracks isn't good. Oh no, someone has to get you off 666 posts!

ok so general consensus is I should just pony up if I want it. thanks for the input guys. just wanted to make sure

The place that did my Roadrunner wheel is Quality Restorations in San Diego. Their number is
858-271-7374

IMG_6073.jpg

Steve - is this what you're looking for? I found this one when I saw an ad from a guy parting out a '64. I asked about the wheel and he sold it to me for $100. The shipping from Canada was about $100., too. It was in much better shape than ours, so I thought it was a good price. My daughter and I restored it and the result is below. I'd say go for it at the price you mentioned if it's in nice shape. They're not real easy to find in good shape.

138695-2d25d44c9bad7a1bb5632f13f663b291.jpg

View attachment 768103

Steve - is this what you're looking for? I found this one when I saw an ad from a guy parting out a '64. I asked about the wheel and he sold it to me for $100. The shipping from Canada was about $100., too. It was in much better shape than ours, so I thought it was a good price. My daughter and I restored it and the result is below. I'd say go for it at the price you mentioned if it's in nice shape. They're not real easy to find in good shape.

View attachment 768105

Yep that’s the one. Yours is beautiful! Very nice work! Ya this one is completely restored apparently and the colour I want as well.

I bought one in surprising decent shape (cracked but very restorable) for $15 at SPRING FLING a month or so back. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough, LOL!

I've seen them sell on Ebay in the $100-300 range. They are more rare than the regular 64 wheel but the regular furys, belves, savoys could be ordered with that wheel. It was not only for sport models, but they would get it automatically. It was called the DELUXE WHEEL and was an option for most models. My 64 fury station wagon came with one.

You'll find one for a decent deal. You just need to find someone selling it or parting out a car. Some people will think it's pure gold and want too much money. Some people are reasonable and want a quick sell.

i purchased my 64 Sport Fury a few years back. Some things on the car are not all “sport fury”. For example the steering wheel is from a Belvedere instead. I’m not in a rush because there are a million other projects but one day I’d like to swap it out for the correct SF steering wheel. I came across a really nice one the other day but the guy wanted $700 CAD (~520USD) for it. I know these are a one year one model wheel but is this high? Seems a little steep for me but maybe one day I’ll just have to pony up. Thoughts?
I would not pay more than 200 for one! These people paying close to a grand for these is nuts. They must have been convinced to pay that much by some other worldly force. Either that or they have tons of money to spend and just wanted one immediately. Or they dont know the right places to look.

I'll post a picture of the one I got for $15. Its red and has a few large cracks but they literally almost all do, and half of them have been restored anyway. In my mind buying a restored one is a gamble... they could have used some cheap epoxy product that is prone to crack again for all I know. I would rather restore it myself so that I know the materials used are the best quality and durable.

They was another one at spring fling for 40, it was red too. I might actually still have that guys number which I took down. I could try to get you in touch with him. Possibly he still has that one.

Just some thoughts

I would not pay more than 200 for one! These people paying close to a grand for these is nuts. They must have been convinced to pay that much by some other worldly force. Either that or they have tons of money to spend and just wanted one immediately. Or they dont know the right places to look.

I'll post a picture of the one I got for $15. Its red and has a few large cracks but they literally almost all do, and half of them have been restored anyway. In my mind buying a restored one is a gamble... they could have used some cheap epoxy product that is prone to crack again for all I know. I would rather restore it myself so that I know the materials used are the best quality and durable.

They was another one at spring fling for 40, it was red too. I might actually still have that guys number which I took down. I could try to get you in touch with him. Possibly he still has that one.

Just some thoughts

If you find that guy’s number please send me a PM and I’ll try to get in touch. Much appreciated.

s-l1600.jpg

Just some thoughts

You got a great price on yours if you got it for $15.00! The person that had it did not know what they had.
If you find one a any swap meet it is almost never less than $150.00 even with many large cracks. I looked for a very long time before I found a good one (image above).

Larry

Last edited:
View attachment 773733

You got a great price on yours if you got it for $15.00! The person that had it did not know what they had.
If you find one a any swap meet it is almost never less than $150.00 even with many large cracks. I looked for a very long time before I found a good one (image above).

Larry
The guy knew exactly what is was. It just wasn't worth much to him for some reason or maybe he felt like giving me a good deal. In his eyes I think it was just a cracked old wheel. He mentioned he was parting out a 64 fury and had other parts for the car he offered me when I made the purchase.

The wheel will need to a full restoration to be presentable which would probabaly cost 200 or so if you send it to someone. If I did it myself it would probabaly take me a few hours and cost atleast 60 or so in materials. So when you factor that in, it's still a good deal but alot of people might just want to pay more for one that is ready to go.

Ya I tried calling and texting him, no answer yet. I feel weird about giving out his number on here but maybe others who know him better could help you contact him to see if he still has that red one he wanted $40 for.

It's the guy who goes to spring/fall fling. The last two years he's been trying to sell a huge eblem collection on a few large cardboard displays. He doesnt want to split them up and only wants to sell them altogether. People probabaly remember him becuase they ask about his emblems and get that response. I have his name down as Karri but I could have misspelled it...

Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back