• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Tail lights for what trim level?

Glenwood

Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what trim level these tail lights are for? I thought they may be for a 440 but it seems that the 440 and 330 do not have a wrap around bezel. Never seen these before.

20180311_130922.jpg

They are different than my Polara

20180311_130936.jpg

Those are not 330 or 440 tail lights. 330 and 440 just had 4 separate red lights.
Very few 330s had reverse lights.
440s more often than not had reverse lights in by the license plate recess.
Those lights in question are for a polara trim level.

Glenwoods trim level on his car is that of a polara 500.

Those are not 330 or 440 tail lights. 330 and 440 just had 4 separate red lights.
Very few 330s had reverse lights.
440s more often than not had reverse lights in by the license plate recess.
Those lights in question are for a polara trim level.

Glenwoods trim level on his car is that of a polara 500.

But mine is not a 500 and they seem original when i had them out.
Every polara pic i can find has a full bezel including non 500s. Confusing!

But mine is not a 500 and they seem original when i had them out.
Every polara pic i can find has a full bezel including non 500s. Confusing!

Ive had 3 Polaras, 1 330 trim level and 2 (440 trim levels) and the tail lights on all 3 cars were 4 separate housings, when you bump up to Polara level that's the tail lamps you have and uber fancy Polara 500 the entire back end of car is one giant piece of chromed pot metal, well actually 2 pieces that join together aboe license plate frame. I'll see if I can find a copy of orginal sales brochure it kinda (from what I can remember) shows different trim level packages one can order.

Yours is the top of the line Polara 500. I forgot to mention earlier that Polara 500 trim also includes chrome strips on decklid and the chrome piece that goes down center of your hood.

Your car sure is sharp looking.

Thanks, it's still a work in progress. Wheels are getting swapped out to polished torque thrusts soon. A little more suitable i think.

The fender tag does not code it as a 500 though . No buckets or console or fender emblems.

IMG_1609.JPG
Does anyone know what trim level these tail lights are for? I thought they may be for a 440 but it seems that the 440 and 330 do not have a wrap around bezel. Never seen these before.

View attachment 581850

They are different than my Polara

View attachment 581851
The pic is the same as I have and it's from a 1964 dodge 440. And I believe that it is this way because of being a Canadian car.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up guys.
I should've guessed there was a Canadian twist to it! The canuck version also used the plymouth instrument cluster and interior I'm told.
I actually like the smaller bezel over mine but still prefer the individual lights on the 330s etc.

Glenwood that's from polara 500 and 330 440 don't have them.

Yours is the top of the line Polara 500. I forgot to mention earlier that Polara 500 trim also includes chrome strips on decklid and the chrome piece that goes down center of your hood.

Your car sure is sharp looking.
Had one with full trim and a 383 4speed

Glenwood how is the project coming

Auto Transport Service
Back