• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 wagon rear springs

64plybelvwgn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
I'm led to believe that the rear springs on a 64 Belvedere Wagon are not the same length ( front and rear of the centerline of the axle-housing ) as found on a 2 or 4 door hdtp or sdn. Feedback ?

Anyone ever put S/S rear springs and CalTrac bars on a '64 wagon?

Thanks in advance.

All Mopars in the modern age are of the semi elliptical design and have never heard that wagon springs are different from the others as far as that goes but probably have more leafs depending on option package....

I'm led to believe that the rear springs on a 64 Belvedere Wagon are not the same length ( front and rear of the centerline of the axle-housing ) as found on a 2 or 4 door hdtp or sdn. Feedback ?

Anyone ever put S/S rear springs and CalTrac bars on a '64 wagon?

Thanks in advance.

Springs are the same other than the wagon has more leaves.

The wagon,2 door, 4 door sedan all have the exact same length spring, the length difference is that the S/S springs are shorter from the front eyelet to the center bolt compared against stock springs, S/S springs and caltracs fit and function fine in a 64 wagon.

It is my understanding that you do not mix SS springs and caltracs. Use standard springs with caltracs.

It is my understanding that you do not mix SS springs and caltracs. Use standard springs with caltracs.

Very true. I have found this out myself recently on an earlier post i had.
From the eyelid to the centering bolt is a different length than stock. The S/S spring front hanger is an inch longer than the stock hanger. Once I put the stock front hanger back on all was good. From eyelid to centering bolt on S/S springs is 22". The standard spring is 21". I used the Caltrac springs.

I didnt mean to be misleading in my post. I ment to say S/S springs work fine in the wagon as well as the caltracs system. I use the caltracs springs with their system not the S/S with caltracs. Sorry if I confused anyone.

I didnt mean to be misleading in my post. I ment to say S/S springs work fine in the wagon as well as the caltracs system. I use the caltracs springs with their system not the S/S with caltracs. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Its all good. :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back