• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 2 barrel carb adaptor

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
My 65 Belvedere wagon has a 273 2 barrel. The air cleaner assembly uses the old compression clamp with long wingnut along the side to undo it from the carb. It there an adaptor so I can put a more modern air filter assembly on it? The throat is about 2 5/8". The only ones I've found so far are for smaller 1 barrel carbs.
JDS541?$lg$.jpg

Because the top of the carb has a beveled neck have you considered using a 66-up style carb with a gasket and stud mounted air cleaner? Your choices may increase with the newer style.

What don't you like about the factory setup? Just looking for some bling?
Mike

Because the top of the carb has a beveled neck have you considered using a 66-up style carb with a gasket and stud mounted air cleaner? Your choices may increase with the newer style.
The carb is newly rebuilt and I have it adjusted almost perfectly. The car runs fantastic so I don't want to mess with a good thing.

What don't you like about the factory setup? Just looking for some bling?
Mike
Mostly for some bling. I'm going for the 60s dragstrip look. I have a spare air cleaner assembly that I was thinking about welding up some sort of modification but I would like to see if I can save myself (and the factory parts) some work.
7873_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=gXu1i92pJWwAX8Pjnqt&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

IF you're considering replacing the carb, CONSIDER using EITHER a 2 BBL Stromberg WWC3 or A Carter 1-1/4" BBD as used on a 1967 LA 318 engine. The air filter housing base is flat and the carb uses a bale assenbly with the wing nut to secure the entire air filter assembly to the carb's mounting flange; there is a rubber gasket to seal the filter housing assembly to the carb's flange and uses the standard pleated paper filter. The two carbs noted have a slightly larger venturii for more air flow but have the same 1-7/16" throttle plates. Your 273" engine will like the additional air flow. Everything resembles the original equipment if this is an important consideration. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

I'm of no help other than saying to put a two to four barrel adapter on it with an Edelbrock 1903. But I couldn't care less how it looks under hood at this point. Everything about the image and stance of that car is dead on, and it's like the first time I've seen it all over again from your last posting.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words. I don't want to change out the carb because Woodruff rebuilt it. I did a few little adjustments and it runs great. I may just try to modify the spare one I have.

Auto Transport Service
Back