• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Barracuda

Bob Sawyer

Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
Went out this morning to pick up some woodworking equipment from a fellow that is downsizing and selling everything. When I turned the corner of his driveway and went to the back yard here's what I found.
He wants to sell it and he asked me to make an offer. In the conversation he mentioned that he would like to get $10k, but he is open to offers.
He did say that the engine runs(273) and he is in the process of redoing the interior. Has new carpet, new door panels, dash pad, reupholstered seats and other interior pcs.
It does have some paint bubbling in the lower areas. It has been repainted years ago. Overall, not bad, but would certainly need some TLC.
I'm primarily a Charger man, so I have no idea what these bring on the market.
Any thoughts/ideas?

20190525_124534.jpg 20190525_133204.jpg 20190525_133133.jpg 20190525_133122.jpg

Looks to be in pretty good condition. There was a love/hate here regarding those early A bodies recently. I personally love them but I love all the E's and C's too. In fact I actually had a 65 Barracuda very similar to that one. I don't know what they are worth but you could lo-ball him and leave your phone number. If he gets desperate, he will call you. If I had the money, I'd jump on it myself. The only thing I don't like about those cars is the fender wells are fairly small and I always like big meat on the rear. Good luck!

I sold one with a 318 in 2014 for $5000. ZERO rust and far paint and interior.
If the guy wants $10,000, he should keep it.

Auto Transport Service
Back