• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere 2 dr Post - AMD quarters?

Badvert65

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I have a 65 Belvedere I 2 door post car and I just ordered both rear quarter panels from AMD. Their notes say that the quarters will need modification with my application. Has anyone on the site replaced their Post quarters with the AMD ones? I am just wondering what I am getting into.

I remember when I had my 65 Belvy that I needed quarters. I remember seeing that the 63-64 were a bit different in the wheel well area than the 65's so maybe that is what they are referring to? That was on the patches before they made the full quarters, but I am assuming same concept....:)

the ones I seen on display and shows were made for hardtop cars thats why they're saying will need modifying . should just be the top of quarter by the rear side windows. just my guess

I have a 65 Belvedere I 2 door post car and I just ordered both rear quarter panels from AMD. Their notes say that the quarters will need modification with my application. Has anyone on the site replaced their Post quarters with the AMD ones? I am just wondering what I am getting into.
The AMD full quarter is a beautiful panel. I installed one on a 64 Belvedere. The AMD panel is for 64-65 Plymouth hardtops. The 65 2 door sedan is whole different panel above the main body line. You could use the panel, but will have to cut it down. Have a close look at a 65 Two door sedan and a 64-65 2 door hardtop, and you will see that the 65 2 door sedan has a rounded off body line that flows into the roof, where the hardtop style has a sharp body line that runs the full length of the panel. So, yes you can use the panel but it will need too be cut down to essentially a skin
I posted a similar answer in another thread about 63's which are almost the same deal

Matt
Saw this last night, I think this would be a help.I am doing a 4dr to 2dr and figure I will be using these quarters to do my car.
Jeff

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/inst...rect-63-64-65-plymouth-b-body-quarter-panels/

Matt
Saw this last night, I think this would be a help.I am doing a 4dr to 2dr and figure I will be using these quarters to do my car.
Jeff

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/inst...rect-63-64-65-plymouth-b-body-quarter-panels/

Auto Transport Service
Back