• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere - 'glass hood and hemi hood scoop

64plybelvwgn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Would someone recommend manufacturers for a fiberglas hood for a 65 Belvedere. I would like the type that uses light tension springs and allows use of the factory front latch as opposed to a lift-off with hood pins. ( But that would be a last resort option. )

Also I plan on adding a 65 Hemi-type hood scoop. Some of the pics of 65 B-Bodies , on this site, with the glass hood and scoop are the look I am trying to capture.

( Expereince perhaps with AAR or Sled city or ??? )

Thanks to one and all for your response.

P9070026.JPG

Some friends just had Glass tech make them hoods for their 64 Dodges. Hinged. Very nice quality. I have a AAR (now Stinger) pin on for my 64 Belvedere. Also very nice.
Doug

I got my glass hood from AAR / Stinger for my '66 Plym. Very good quality, stock hinges with lite springs work very good. Not the lightest piece though.

Some friends just had Glass tech make them hoods for their 64 Dodges. Hinged. Very nice quality. I have a AAR (now Stinger) pin on for my 64 Belvedere. Also very nice.
Doug
Thanks very much. Will check that out !. Ted

I got my glass hood from AAR / Stinger for my '66 Plym. Very good quality, stock hinges with lite springs work very good. Not the lightest piece though.
Thanks very much. Will contact them. Ted.

I should have mentioned Sled City too. I had look at one their scoops & it was great.

The people at AAR (Stinger) are great to work with. I was down in Florida for vacation last year. I ordered my parts and told them I would like to swing by and pick them up. They let me use any packing supply they had that I needed to strap the trunk lid and a front and rear bumper on top of my car. Cardboard and tape. They gave me a mini tour while I was there. Great people.

image.jpeg
AAR /STINGER GREAT FIT Took mine out of the box bolted it on with no mods !

The people at AAR (Stinger) are great to work with. I was down in Florida for vacation last year. I ordered my parts and told them I would like to swing by and pick them up. They let me use any packing supply they had that I needed to strap the trunk lid and a front and rear bumper on top of my car. Cardboard and tape. They gave me a mini tour while I was there. Great people.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind as I may be traveling to Fl in the not too distant future.

Nice on 65 Dodge . Exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Maybe I shouldn't pop in again, but my AAR/Stinger hood & scoop is really a good piece. Not the most inexpensive, but really a stout product. The fit was excellent, very good finish.

Is your car color ruby red poly?
The color appears to be ruby red, but it's kinda faded and simply buffing is not going to bring it back. A paint job will be the last thing, after it is mechanically sorted out.

I checked with Sled City while doing my 63. Was told that they didn't sell the hinged but many guys have modified theirs for hinge and latch.

I checked with Sled City while doing my 63. Was told that they didn't sell the hinged but many guys have modified theirs for hinge and latch.
Thanks for that input. Much appreciated.

If its TT1 on the code, its ruby red. Thats what my car is originally. Going back to that instead of the Porsche red. Looks nice.

Would someone recommend manufacturers for a fiberglas hood for a 65 Belvedere. I would like the type that uses light tension springs and allows use of the factory front latch as opposed to a lift-off with hood pins. ( But that would be a last resort option. )

Also I plan on adding a 65 Hemi-type hood scoop. Some of the pics of 65 B-Bodies , on this site, with the glass hood and scoop are the look I am trying to capture.

( Expereince perhaps with AAR or Sled city or ??? )

Thanks to one and all for your response.

View attachment 361812

Here at Sled City, we make all the parts for your 65 Belv. Hood, trunk, doors, bumpers, dash boards, and plenty of s/s and a/fx scoops. Forgot to mention we make a complete package to turn your car into an AWB funny car. We also do the Dodge also.

Auto Transport Service
Back