• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere transmission flush

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
I think it's time for a flush. Trans is getting a little sluggish. I know 65 is an odd year compared to 66 on up. I have the 273 2 barrel. Is it a 727 trans? Also does anyone know the trans filter for it? I'm at work right now so I can't look underneath the car. It seems the 65 stuff is tough to find.

I think it's time for a flush. Trans is getting a little sluggish. I know 65 is an odd year compared to 66 on up. I have the 273 2 barrel. Is it a 727 trans? Also does anyone know the trans filter for it? I'm at work right now so I can't look underneath the car. It seems the 65 stuff is tough to find.
What do you mean "sluggish"? Is the fluid burned or red? Look up gaskets for the transmission oil pan to ID model. You should be able to find any repair parts for a 1965 model with little trouble.
Mike

When I get home I'm going to get a pic of the pan.

A904. Are the filters the same for all 904s in the early years?

65 back are different than 66 on for the filters. See if you have a drain plug on the converter, thats where most of the fluid is. To find it, some dust shield have a removable portion at 6 o'clock on the shield. You'll need to stay away from the chains like o'rilles, a-zone etc. Hit a NAPA or an older non chain affiliated store. They generally have better parts personnel with some skills. Or an older trans shop. Your are on the east coast, so you can also find Bill Rollik Enterprise' or other similar Mopar restoration parts companies.

65 back are different than 66 on for the filters. See if you have a drain plug on the converter, thats where most of the fluid is. To find it, some dust shield have a removable portion at 6 o'clock on the shield. You'll need to stay away from the chains like o'rilles, a-zone etc. Hit a NAPA or an older non chain affiliated store. They generally have better parts personnel with some skills. Or an older trans shop. Your are on the east coast, so you can also find Bill Rollik Enterprise' or other similar Mopar restoration parts companies.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

Auto Transport Service
Back