• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet 440 Strut Rod Bushings

Ronald Weishaar

Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Is there a metal sleeve between the bushings? Just brought a new bushing set with sleeve but the sleeve will not slide over the rod. Inside Dia. is to small. Did the original set up not have a sleeve?

04CE522A-B782-4CC6-BEEF-3D2A27CFC9B9.jpeg
Are these plastic bushings? The original rubber ones are one piece. You slather it up with silicone spray and pull it through the K-frame hole with big pliers. Even if it’s a two piece plastic one the step on the strut rod should be what sets the final position of the nut. I’ve never seen a bushing with those. You do mean the bushing in the lower left corner right?

After market kits sometimes come with extra parts to fit different body style cars.If the new bushings fit the diameter of the bar ok, the step on the bar will stop the nut when tightened down. I have the same set-up on my 65.
As stated above the factory used one piece bushing, but most replacements will be 2 piece.

No sleeve in my 65 either. My 66 had sleeve. Question how do you know when to stop tightening or does the guy doing alignment set that.

No sleeve in my 65 either. My 66 had sleeve. Question how do you know when to stop tightening or does the guy doing alignment set that.

There’s a step in the strut that the washer bottoms out on. Needs to be cranked all the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back