• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet 500 Rear Glass Stainless Trim Removal

BryanRad

Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
Have successfully removed all the trim on the 500 except for the rear window trim. Front and sides were relatively easy. Based seems to have the spring loaded clips. Purchased the GearWrench 2038D tool but the hook seems too large to get behind the clip. Anyone have any recommendations on how to remove it or a better tool?

I did this years ago, don't remember all the details. The Gearwrench tool did not work. I used an assortment of tools. Took some practice to get the tool in the right spot. Removing the front windshield trim is the same procedure. Both use the same retaining clips. The arrow pointed tool in the photo is the one that worked best.

IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3747.JPG

Thanks. I found an older post on a Belvedere after digging in google. Search on here didnt pick it up. Odd for some reason the front on this car is completely different. The front just snaps in so to speak. Will grab a picture later today and post it. I was able to get one off the back but boogered up the lip on the trip lightly. Was attempting to do exactly what you showed above and was getting leary of breaking more of them. Thank you.

Odd, I worked on the rear a fair amount to no avail. Attached is a picture of the front. It was super easy and popped right out of the clips shown.

Thanks again for sharing the information.

Anyone else have any recommendations? Have successfully removed all the trim now except for this piece. Side drip rail trim was a bear but finally got it.

IMG_1733.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back