• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet BB swap

Al W

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Coronet that I have been working off and on for a while and ran into a problem. originally had a 361 engine in it I changed the K Frame in it to a O'Reilly coil over! I also rebuilt a 413 block that i had but when I put the Clutch fan and Radiator back in I didn't have clearance also the oil filter is in line with the lower outlet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Picture would help. Is the engine offset to passengers side like stock?

Last edited:
Yes I had thought of that but the transmission lines up in the cross member!

Hi, I have a Coronet that I have been working off and on for a while and ran into a problem. originally had a 361 engine in it I changed the K Frame in it to a O'Reilly coil over! I also rebuilt a 413 block that i had but when I put the Clutch fan and Radiator back in I didn't have clearance also the oil filter is in line with the lower outlet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You could get a water pump housing from a later big block that moves the inlet to the passenger side. Then you would have to move radiator inlet to match.

PASSENGER SIDE !
86 truck 006.jpg

Sounds like engine located forward from stock. Are you using the 1965 TF or later longer xmission?

Auto Transport Service
Back