• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet doors same as?

Could I use the 65 Dodge doors on a 63 if I changed the latch post also. Basically can I use everything on a 65 Coronet sedan to convert a 63 Savoy 4 door into a 2 door?

Could I use the 65 Dodge doors on a 63 if I changed the latch post also. Basically can I use everything on a 65 Coronet sedan to convert a 63 Savoy 4 door into a 2 door?
You might have a couple of issues if I recall correctly:

The windshield slant is different on a 63, so the 65 window frames won't conform to the opening. In fact I think they will prevent you from even shutting the door. So you'd need to change out the window frame and as you're well aware, the 2 dr window frame will be longer than the 4 door. If you're good with welding you could lengthen the 63 top window channel I suppose, to fit the 2 door doors.

Unlike a hardtop, the window frame is not a bolt in deal. I believe there were some subtle differences is the forming of the door around the window channel frame, but not much would be visible after you're done switching things.

Secondly I believe the latch opening on the door and the striker plate opening are both different from 63 to 65. For sure the striker is completely different, but I'm not positive if they anchor to the door jamb differently between the years.

If you're using door jambs from the 65 then this all should take care of itself once you've addressed with window frame issue. The conversion itself is pretty darn straightforward.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back