• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet Fenderwell Headers

moparsrul

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:47 PM
Reaction score
I'm building a 65 straight axle Coronet and looking for a fenderwell header for a 440. The only ones I have ever seen are Hookers for an A-Body. Does anyone know how well the would work? I keep looking for a used set to mock up. They have the look on an A-body that I'm looking for. I really don't want to buy a new set until I know they will work just to have to cut them up if they don't fit. Just wondering if anyone has used a set on a 65 B- Body?

I'm building a 65 straight axle Coronet and looking for a fenderwell header for a 440. The only ones I have ever seen are Hookers for an A-Body. Does anyone know how well the would work? I keep looking for a used set to mock up. They have the look on an A-body that I'm looking for. I really don't want to buy a new set until I know they will work just to have to cut them up if they don't fit. Just wondering if anyone has used a set on a 65 B- Body?

I have the Hooker A body headers on my 65 straight axle Coronet...they fit great...just a small bit of trimming under the floor where the collector is...Found mine at a swap meet for cheap price....new ones are a tad bit pricey if you are on a budget like me.

I have a set of HOOKER fenderwell headers 440 A-Body. Ceramic coated. They were used on the dyno only and look brand new except for a few small spots of discoloration. Selling for $650 plus shipping

header1.jpg header2.jpg header3.jpg

Thanks, that is very helpful. I looked at Doug's about a year ago and never seen them? I wonder if they dump straight down behind the front wheels? They kind of look like they might ,that's the look I'm looking for. Doug's are usually pretty good quality too. i like the set that I have on my 64 440 Polara 426 Street Wedge 4 speed car.

Dave I would love to have them , but I would think the shipping would be ridiculous?

Does anyone have any pictures of under the hood and how they look exiting the outside on the Doug's or the Hookers?

I am also looking to buy a set but for a 383.

I had Greg Cerney fenderwell headers on my straight-axle '64 Polara w/Hilborn injected 440. Don't know if there are any of those around. Hooker still makes fenderwells for b-body mopars too, I think. What about Doug's headers? I've seen them on eBay & craigslist from time to time.

Eightstackhemi, that is one bad looking Coronet! I would love to see more of that.

I’ve searched high and low for low deck (B) Fenderwell headers. I don’t know of any.
I remember shopping for headers for my '62. I was going with the 440 RB and didn't want headers for a B block. Some manufacturers specify RB or B, some don't. I went with the two inch Doug's and they really fit tight to the bottom of the floor, not real tight but I wouldn't want them any closer.

I think most manufacturers are making them to work on both if not specified. We did some figuring on the height difference between the two blocks and IRC it was around 5/8" which isn't that much to worry about unless you're going real low on the suspension. For fenderwell headers, I wouldn't think useing RB headers would make that much difference?

I remember shopping for headers for my '62. I was going with the 440 RB and didn't want headers for a B block. Some manufacturers specify RB or B, some don't. I went with the two inch Doug's and they really fit tight to the bottom of the floor, not real tight but I wouldn't want them any closer.

I think most manufacturers are making them to work on both if not specified. We did some figuring on the height difference between the two blocks and IRC it was around 5/8" which isn't that much to worry about unless you're going real low on the suspension.

That’s good to know. I was seriously debating the RB dougs fenderwell headers but no one at the company could tell me if they would fit or not on a B block.

That’s good to know. I was seriously debating the RB dougs fenderwell headers but no one at the company could tell me if they would fit or not on a B block.

I guess you would need to know what kind of clearance "over the frame" from someone useing them on a RB. Then you could do the math. I'm thinking over the frame would be where you would run into trouble.

Auto Transport Service
Back