• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet Fuel line

Ronald Weishaar

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Just installed fuel line on my 65 Coronet, fit great. I was planning on using a electric fuel pump, but I can find no place to put it. All say it needs to be below the tank. Does anyone have a solution of where to put a pump?
using a stock fuel tank replacement. Did not want to use a mechanical pump, unless someone can help, I guess that's where I'm heading.

Just installed fuel line on my 65 Coronet, fit great. I was planning on using a electric fuel pump, but I can find no place to put it. All say it needs to be below the tank. Does anyone have a solution of where to put a pump?
using a stock fuel tank replacement. Did not want to use a mechanical pump, unless someone can help, I guess that's where I'm heading.
Ron,
You could fab a bracket that would "sandwich" the tank strap and anchor an adapter to that bracket to which the pump could mount. That way you're not drilling anything on the car. Just be sure the axle has full movement without hitting the pump. Wiring can be run through a floor plug near by. I would run both + and - back to the dash area to ensure a good clean ground connection.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back