• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 horn alternative with oem look?

RedHot67

Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

over here in Germany we need a working horn to pass DMV requirements.

The horn of my 65 Coronet is not working properly, I tried to adjust and repair it but it is just an old pain.

Now I`m looking for a more or less stock look alternative, do you have any ideas?

THX in advance and have a nice Mopar weekend :)

Dan

You don't mention the problem exactly, but only 4 things can go wrong:

1) Bad horn button

2) Bad horn relay

3) Bad horn

4) Bad GROUNDS

You could also have a blown fuse, but if it works at all, then the fuse is good.

Universal Alternative !!...Lol

aaa middel finger.jpg

I put this horn on my 63 Sport Fury. I worked at a Dodge dealer for about 24 years and this was a replacement horn for about a 1990 Mopar. I dont remember just what model as it was laying in my pile of extra's as someone ordered it for a car that the tech thought needed a horn but the horn was not the problem so this went in the pile of extra's in the shop. My original horn did not work and was much bigger so I liked this one better and its very loud for one horn. Ron

100_1489.jpg

Thanks guys, I´ll check @ rockauto.com for a later version of Mopar horns :thumbsup:

Ron his mod looks good though.

its just DMV inspection, stick any horn on there from a local wrecking yard/parts store for now while you try to locate an original...SAFETY first

Auto Transport Service
Back