• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 S6 radiator - cooling issue

shopguy

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
I'm going to need a new radiator for my 65 Bel. with a S6, manual trans.

I only have a few miles on the car since buying it. I'm just trying to build up some confidence in it. After a 20 mile run, the eng. seemed to run hot, so I replaced all the hoses, waterpump and put in a new 180 deg. thermostat. The radiator shop cleaned the radiator a fixed a few leaks that popped up after cleaning, but said it fragile. Currently, no leaks. I went to install a clutchfan, but its 3' tall and hits the radiator - so I had to reinstall the measly 4 blade. No shroud.

No one makes and aftermarket on for this application. I don't want to pay big bux for a recore either. Is there another application that would fit?

check your local yellow pages to see if you have a local radiator shop. a coworker of mine told me he went to one took his old shot radiator their and they built him a new 3 core aluminum radiator that bolted up the same i think he said he paid about 275 for it

The shop got it leak free. No issues and good flow now. All the hoses and T stat are change along with a new waterpump. The best thing I did was throw on a 17" steel flexfan off a 70s Caddy. It bolted right on....

Auto Transport Service
Back