• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 satellite looking to do crate motor

Brian W

Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi all I have a 65 satellite with a 318 automatic I want to put a crate motor in it any help/ I have a very good local mechanic. I want a longblock or complete motor. Still a small block 300 ish HP nothing super just more kick Thanks I need some help ATK has a 360 Magnum with 320 HP for $5kdoes any one no if this will bolt up to my tranny? Any help thanks

Sounds like the same road I went down about three years ago with my '63 poly. I was seriously considering a 360 crate that would avoid some of the BB mating issues. If you're looking for 300HP a medium built poly will get you there. I was informed to be wary of crate motors for cheap being china internals that scared me off. I spent more rebuilding the poly than I might have getting a crate...getting around 320HP. If I had a do-over might have searched more for a quality crate as the pep I have is ahh...nice - just it isn't as nice as I hoped for.

I would go with a crate motor from Blue Print Engines. Currently there is a situation where parts availability and parts quality is a major,major problem. Go with a company like Blue print and be done with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back