• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 B Body Interior Colours ?

440 4 speed

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
Working on the 1967 440 4sp Charger.
I am trying to get things correct, and will try to send pictures from the FSM. There are 3 different blacks used.
Gloss. Raven black. TAB1X9. 8362
Low Gloss Jewel black. TAB3X9. 9028
Suede Finish Satin blackVac38X9 9324
Some time ago, I picked up Herb`s Interior black while down South. They didn’t say anything about purchasing a prep. I sent them an email a little while ago, asking what I could use but didn’t get a reply. Not sure what I can use. I prepped a console with SEM. Seemed to work, but not as shiny as a original console. Wondering what some others have done.
I am thinking of doing the whole metal dash also and want that as close to original as I can. Back in 1996 I did all the plastic and vinyl with SEM, looked great!
I am not going to clean the ABS with acetone, because I can make glue with those two mixed together . Thanks for any input/suggestions

5CD7C9AC-626D-429F-94CC-750886E992D3.jpeg 8EDDCC3D-AF86-40A5-823F-CE8485848573.jpeg 9B5A39A0-FD38-499F-BEA4-732B2B573E31.jpeg D7334041-018E-4A01-8285-FEB2ABD3B7B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Frank Badalson will fix you up with the correct shades and texture of mopar interior paints. Just do an internet search on him.

I used the Herbs paints to restore my interior plastics. Thoroughly clean everything and then use an adhesion promoter like Bull Dog or Rustoleum promoter. Parts came out very nice. Interior parts are not supposed to be ‘shiny’. It definitely looks like the paint sinks in and does not fill in the low spots in the grain.

It would be extremely costly to ship to Canada, unless it was in a pint can. If I needed 3 shades I have heard they could be as much as 200.00 US a pint, don’t know if that’s true.
Would like to use an aerosol , a lot of places won’t ship them at all.

I’m guessing a little bit but your three colors are probably like this:

gloss - anything that’s painted like door frames, not dash.
low gloss - probably for plastics and vinyl colors, upholstery.
suede - dash frame. I have a local PPG jobber that developed a base coat formula for the suede finish at $20 for 1/2 pint. If you can find lacquer it’ll be $200 a 1/2 pint or pint.

Herbs would probably be your low gloss.

Thank you. Yes Herb`s appears to be low gloss. They didn’t reply to my email, so I called. I was told that if I can use plastic prep and vinyl prep from almost anyone. Ie SEM would be compatible.
The main question for example is. What brand/colour of aerosol would look the same as the 3 factory colours. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back