• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Belvedere, Satellite, GTX Quarter Panel Survey

66plysat

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
I contacted AMD today to suggest the need for quality quarter panels for 66/67 Belv/Sat and GTX's. I told them that there is a need for quarter panels due to the high incidence of rust in the forward section of the quarter panel at the rear wheel well. I told them, that many owners of these cars have discussed the need on FBBO.

The representative from AMD said there is just not enough need of these quarter panels to justify the manufacture of a new product. He went on to say maybe 5-10 guys need these panel or maybe even 15-20 and that amount doesn't justify a need.

I may be biased but I think there are many more of these b-body owners that need new quarters, I'd like to get a response from those of you who need these quarters, maybe Joey could attach this to an on going poll that could eventually be forwarded to AMD and maybe change their minds and attitude toward 66/67 b-bodies.

Yes, there is a need for them. I need patches behind my wheels and I have a dent rear-ward of my drivers door that'd be easier to replace than straighten.

Funny thing;
I was just wondering why AMD has not decided to produce both front fenders and rear quater panels for the 66 & 67 Belvedere/GTX

i have a 67 belvedere 1 2 dr sedan and i had the same answer i have bought full floors for my 62 savoy 2 dr sedan and 67 bel 1 and amd products are great and service is very good but they said it would cost about 100.000.00 a side to tool one side quarter panel that would be a big investment to chance on the start of production for an unknown amount i would definately purchase both sides if they started production thankyou mopar joe jackson nj

Count me in - I know one of my 67 GTX rear quarters has a lot of filler in it.

I just can't imagine it costing that much to tool up and produce those quarters. But I would take 2.

I would have bought both quarters, both door skins and a right front fender if they had been available, but it is too late for me now. I had to work with what was available.

Funny thing is, they didn't have a problem making full quarters for 1970 road runners that are a one year only piece.

I would have bought both quarters, both door skins and a right front fender if they had been available, but it is too late for me now. I had to work with what was available.

Same here. I ended up using segments from Shermanparts.com . AMD missed my business. Guess they don't need it. :eusa_snooty: :edgy:

I just emailed them an inquiry as well. Doesn't hurt to throw an additional pebble! Thanks for the easy-to-use link clemul!

I got an entire back sheet metal including panels for sale. If anybody interested!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I see there is some definate interest in the possible production of these panels.

I will be watching this thread to see just how many more people will respond with their needs as well.

We have a USA state-side metal stamper we work with who does the patch panels for the early Barracuda/Valiants and the early A-body Darts in the same guage thickness as original sheetmetal. These would be patch panels, not full factory style quarters. It is much more economical to do patch panels as opposed to full factory quarters as far as tooling costs go. This would help to keep the pricing in line.

If enough interest is expressed, it might be possible to see about getting a production run done.

I see there is some definate interest in the possible production of these panels.

I will be watching this thread to see just how many more people will respond with their needs as well.

We have a USA state-side metal stamper we work with who does the patch panels for the early Barracuda/Valiants and the early A-body Darts in the same guage thickness as original sheetmetal. These would be patch panels, not full factory style quarters. It is much more economical to do patch panels as opposed to full factory quarters as far as tooling costs go. This would help to keep the pricing in line.

If enough interest is expressed, it might be possible to see about getting a production run done.

The outer wheel house(s) is also one that is highly sought after. It is currently being produced by...NOBODY.

Yup,
Again,
Many "True car lovers" identify the early GTX as a credible car.

It's the "sheeple" who all need a 71 cuda or 70 E-body, blinded by the other great Mopars.
Same ones who go to auctions and pay "Over-the Top" prices for 1969 Camaros...

The market trend is dictated by the idiots who pay high dollars at Auction etc.

I recently purchased a 67 GTX.
Im purchasing parts etc for an upcoming resto next year.

I personally need front fenders.
AMD does not make them.
YET

PS: AMD does make "inner-fenders" for front but not outer fenders.

Couple observations and a question-

1- AMD hoods cost what? $600-$800?

...but they won't do the 72-74 Charger bulge hood that brings $800-$1500 used.

...or the 71/72-73/74 fenders that 98% of the cars I see of that body style need.

2- AMD did the 73/74 Roadrunner/Satellite quarter patch, then discontinued them.

...85% of all the 73/74 Plymouth B body cars I see need this patch- what gives?

3- There is already a B grade 66/67 Plymouth B body quarter full length patch "souring" the market for AMD.
(as well as a horrible D- grade patch)

4- Attn: Rick- curious about what is the largest patch dimension that is "economical" to produce?

Our 1966 Valiant/Barracuda lower rear quarter patches are approx 67" long by approx. 20" tall. Anything much bigger than that can get really expensive really fast....not to mention the added complications of shipment.

Auto Transport Service
Back