• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Charger grille/headlights on 67 Coronet

Bbodygal

Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
Hello! I recently bought a 67 Coronet shell and I'm needing a grille, headlights, and bezels for it. I've seen a few pictures of either the Mexican Coronet with the charger style grille and hideaway headlights, or someone converting the original setup with a grille and hideaway headlights from a 66-67 Charger.

I am curious if anyone on here has actually done this.. and how much of a pain in the *** was it? Other than wiring up the motors to actually flip the headlights, was there much modification or any at all required to make this fit? If so, what did you have to do?

I did find a whole 66-67 charger grille/headlights/valance setup as well as just the headlights, brackets, and top hood latch/valance on eBay..

Here's the whole setup, minus bezels:

2017_12_22_19.11.43.png

Here's the ad for just the headlights, motors, brackets, and top valance:

2017_12_22_19.11.24.png

Here are a couple of pictures for reference as to the conversion I would like to attempt:

coronet idea.jpg

1966coronet-three-quarters-front-view.jpg

I was told that the whole front clip (aside from grille and headlight details) of a 67 Coronet was the same as these 66-67 Chargers, but I'm kind of skeptical on this and would like some clarification, especially on mounting the grille, headlight, and the bezels for all of it.

On a side note, if I got the charger headlights in the one eBay ad without the grille center piece, would the centerpieces of a Coronet grille fit in between the charger headlights?

Thanks in advance for the advice and opinions!

Makes the car look more formal. I can see why you want to do it

I don't think it would be extremely difficult. Getting the headlight doors to open will be the tough part.

Are you wanting to do that or can't find the oe 67 pieces?
I have an extra 67 Coronet grill and headlight covers. I would be willing to let go if interested. PM me if interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back