• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Charger quarter panel seam delete

Professor 5iveB

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Just joined the forum, but i figured I'd throw this thread up as I just finished the work on my quarters. So, if anyone has thought about cutting out and welding up the upper seams on 66-67 Chargers and worried it may be too difficult or time consuming, I can tell you its not bad at all. Actually much easier than it would seem. Here are a few pics along the way..I did forget to get pics post-weld. Still trying to take time out to document. Once I get going I forget about everything else. Basically just cut out sections 6" or so long, leaving equal size sections in between, come back through tacking them together. After that, cut out the remaining sections, tack those. Grind down, being cautious of the curves in the sheetmetal, and you will be left with a flat about 3/4 of an inch in width to skim coat with body filler. Block sand with a long board and prime! I know some will say this takes away from the car, but in my opinion, the less trim on these cars the better!

Beautiful quarter panel, huh? Hahaha!!

Seam delete 1.jpg Seam delete 2.jpg Seam delete 4.jpg Seam delete 5.jpg Seam delete 6.jpg Charger 4.jpg

Looks good, nice work. I’ve seen this done before and it really changes the look of the car once it’s all painted and completed.

Looks good, nice work. I’ve seen this done before and it really changes the look of the car once it’s all painted and completed.
Thanks! Im happy with it. I went back and forth on doing it for a long time, but in the end I knew its what I wanted to do. Snagged my shirt on the seam one day and that was it!

Here is a picture of one I saw that was done like that.

IMG_20200919_114558.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back