• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Charger Spoilers

moparheaven

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Help!! I have been looking through the pictures here on the site (Mopar ****) and have seen LOTS of nice cars..... BUT.. I saw a couple 66 Chargers with a spoiler on the back and also a thread that someone might make a RUN of them. Very Cool!!

Please someone educate me on this Spoiler.. I have a 66 Hemi car and NO Spoiler...I have Spoiler envy.

HELP!!!!

My car is a 66. Yes I know that it has 67 turn signals in it. I have those on while i'm restoring the original ones.

66hemiCharger13.jpg
66hemiCharger10.jpg
66HemiCharger12.jpg

The 66 Charger was the first production car to use a rear spoiler.The cars were having issues and NASCAR and the rear spoiler was added to cure the issue.After the spoiler was added the Charger started winning.If I remember right the spoiler was a option only on the Hemi cars.The spoliers were put in the trunk at the factory and the dealers installed them.

383-8V (Bryan) did a run of them a while ago, thought he had one left, maybe not. He talked about doing another run but depended on demand.
Get a hold of him here or over at 66-67charger.

68383GTS has the story right as I've been told.

Reed

Auto Transport Service
Back