• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 model 232 radio repair recommendations

copper67440

Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Now that I have my complete dash working I'm entertaining the thought of just going with the factory am radio. I have a hidden stereo already
I just think have everything in the dash working would be cool.
Where or who does the best repair? Figured i'd get some recommendations here.

Great old tech geek in Seattle I use. Works out of his basement, fair to cheap in cost. Harold , doesnt do advertising, but I get stuff to him. These old guys are getting to be a dying breed. Suppose like the GA guy.

A lot of people send their radio to this guy.

http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/
I contacted this guy by email and I even think I left him a message, but never heard back. Not saying he is not good, maybe he got swamped with work. Instead I found another radio in nice condition that worked and used that instead. Figured I would save the other radio for spare parts.

I sent him an email and he got back to me later that same day. Twice
He estimated a 4 week turn around.

I have a guy that is local to me, he is a retired electronics engineer. It cost me $42.00 to have the radio in my 63 repaired and it was done in 3 days.

I sent my radio out on the 7th. Got an email today saying its on its way back. They told me 4 week turn around. It's only been 21 days. Including shipping to them. Can't wait. I'll let ya'll know.

Couldn't wait had a few minutes tonight and put it in. Works just fine. It only got one staticky station but it works and I'm happy. I think i need to adjust the "trim" for the antennea. Finally everything electrical works on my car. First time since I've owned it. Too bad it's not spring I'd be out all the time in it just because I could. Might sneak it out if we get a decent day next week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 190
Auto Transport Service
Back