• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 - 69 Bendix 4 Piston Galiper Re-sleve

Daytona Jim

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a shop that can re-sleeve my 69 Charger Bendix 4 piston calipers. Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks, Jim

To do the job properly is a pretty involved process, if it weren't expensive I'd question whether it was done properly....
Their operation is definitely not a Cardon rebuild. :)

Their operation is definitely not a Cardon rebuild. :)

I've done enough work on a mill/lathe to imagine the fixturing & steps involved... They do the job often enough I'm sure they have it down to a fairly easy repeatable process but that experience don't come easy, or cheap....

I've been talking to a sop in town that does Corvette 4 piston calipers. However, after machining a holding jig and fabricating stainless sleeves etc. we went past $2k. I need to shop around!

I've been talking to a sop in town that does Corvette 4 piston calipers. However, after machining a holding jig and fabricating stainless sleeves etc. we went past $2k. I need to shop around!

:(

Last edited:

Another company you should try is Power Brake Exchange in California....

I found a thread on Moparts that claims White Post actually sublets the Bendix four piston calipers to PBX....

http://www.pwrbrake.com

Well, I'll tell you guys, If they get 2k to do One caliper w/SS inserts I'm going to start a new business!
There's no big trick to fixturing because the bores are perpendicular to the bolting faces. Anyone have
a caliper that's trashed laying around so I could look at some close pics?

Well, I'll tell you guys, If they get 2k to do One caliper w/SS inserts I'm going to start a new business!
There's no big trick to fixturing because the bores are perpendicular to the bolting faces. Anyone have
a caliper that's trashed laying around so I could look at some close pics?

I have a set on my bench that are cleaned up & ready to assemble...

The thread I found referencing PBX was talking $40 per bore so 8 x 40 = $320... For that I don't think I'd bother... $2K yeah, I'd do it myself or I'd swap in a different brake option....
IMG_5202.jpg

The sleeves are gonna have to be thin so as to not effect the groove for the dust boot, I'd expect to press it in then finish bore it... Plus add the fluid ports I the side.... I haven't looked at how that was originally accomplished...

The sleeves can't have too thin of a wall, but can't be too thick for the reasons you stated.
I've always been partial to heating the caliper and freezing the sleeves to install them with
some red loctite. If you finish the bores and polish them 0.003 larger than finish size and
then install them with a 0.003 shrink, they will be right on the money. I don't like pressing
them in because it adds another operation, and could drag material. If using a Bridgeport,
feeding the quill would be the magic bullet. You could locate the bores with a plug 0.002 or
0.003 smaller than the bore with the other end in a collet.

Thanks ZYZZYX. I will be talking with my machinist this week and will pass on your information to him. I like the hot-cold fit suggestion.

John Stewart Power Brakes in Ontario Canada have my GTX calipers and stuff. Calipers master and wheel cylinders for around a grand usd. Stainless sleeves.

Auto Transport Service
Back