• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 - '69 Hemi Bendix Power Disc Brake Question.

mrhemi

Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
A question for any forum members with this setup. I have just completed the extensive tune up that includes checking the valve lash. On an unmodified Hemi car, this requires removing the master cylinder / booster assembly for access. Every time I have completed this service, now for the 5th time since I have owned the car, I have never had to bleed the brakes after re-assembly. Since the brake lines are opened at the master cylinder for removal, I would expect air ingress, but have never experienced any. Now this system was completely refreshed, new lines and components and filled with Dot 5 silicone fluid 40 years ago when the car was initially restored. I don't mind not having to bleed the brakes, especially with the expensive silicone fluid, but I cannot take it for granted. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I remove all the brackets on drivers side intake and plug tubes 1,3.5. Plug tube 7 stays, removed others, less stuff messing around. Lift v cover up toward carbs and move a little forward.

Auto Transport Service
Back