• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-70 rear frame interchange?

spoolinhard

Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
I see that the 66-67 have alot of structure in common with the 68-70 b-bodies. I realize that the rear frames must be different, but could they be used with little modification? I don't have an earlier b sitting around otherwise I would look for myself.
thanks
-Kaleb

According to the parts manual the 66-70 are the same.

I have them in my pictures but for some reason I can't get them to attach.

Send me your email address and I will send them to you. Apparently the site is having problems with this and it is not fixed yet.

Attachments

• 1966-70 B BODY FRAME DIMENSIONS.jpg
    1966-70 B BODY FRAME DIMENSIONS.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:
as far as I know,the differance's is in a few hole's near the rear of rail,the ear's where the rear crossmember butt up is differant. but I THINK WITH SOME MOD'S USING A RUSTY 68-70 RAIL as a pattern to go by you can make it work. hope this helps.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE ANY INPUT ON THIS ALSO AS I HAVE SOME 66-67 rails to use in a 68-70.

Apparently the factory thought they were interchangble enough that they did not create a seperate picture for the various years and only show the above 66-70 diagram.

Although they don't show the frame hole locations. These diagrams were created mostly for body shops so the would know the correct measurements when straightening collision damage.

Auto Transport Service
Back