• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 B-body Sun Visors

coronet-flyer

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
How to locate sun visor mounting bracket in the 66 when previous owner installed new headliner and did not mark mounting points for visors. Are the mounting brackets the same shape as the visor mounts; s

Re: 66 B-body Sun Visors ~ Additional info

First my apologies for not completing my 1st post but my Stone Age I-Pad wasn’t jiving with B-Body servers

I wanted to also say; my 66 came with 2 sets of visors. Both sets have part numbers 1 set has part# 2499992 and the other set has part# 2499993 and both have what I think is mfr. name AASR.

Your guidance on how to locate mounting brackets without having to remove the headliner (which I have never done) would be greatly appreciated

I think you should be able to find the center hole with your fingers and then use a pin to locate the screw holes.
Mike

If all else fails you can pull the moldings around the interior of the windshield and pull the headliner loose from the saw teeth retainer just enough to locate the holes and prick them and then reattach the headliner in the same place.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can locate the bracket Center Hole per Mike’s suggestion first and if it doesn’t work will reluctantly follow AR67GTX procedure.
I will let y’all know which procedure worked as I plan to try and install the visors this weekend right after I install a new headlight dimmer switch. Again thanks for your replies.

Auto Transport Service
Back