66 Belvedere II... no heat

Heating, Cooling & AC

1. John Burns

John Burns Member

Local Time:
    3:01 PM
    This Bell had factory AC and it has been largely removed - no evidence of it in the engine compartment at least. It still has the ac box under the dash and I know 2 of the actuators don't work. Has anyone ever manually forced the actuators open (or closed) so it will provide heat? I understand there is a bypass valve on the heater core, but I can't really see it. I'm assuming one of these actuators will open that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. PurpleBeeper

PurpleBeeper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:01 PM
    I'm not sure if this applies, but when I first got my '70 the heater control didn't work (broken cable?). I used to just flip a lever over the air box near the passenger seat. You can reach it with your hand and it worked...."hope" this helps.

3. John Burns

John Burns Member

Local Time:
    Thanks! I was able to do that to at least keep the cold fresh air from coming in. But on the other side of the fan, I think there is a door that is closed preventing the fan from blowing through the heater core. And I believe whichever actuator does that must also open the heater core bypass valve. I need to see one of these pulled apart to understand what is happening. There seems to be many different heater / ac boxes for the different models of B-Bodies!

I can't find any photos of a Belvedere II box. Maybe someone has restored one that has photos?

4. John Burns

John Burns Member

Local Time:
    I might have figured this out: pages 24-2 to 24-4 of the 1966 Plymouth Service Manual!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.