• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 BELVII Master cyl bolt pattern

BELV/66

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Im considering converting a 66 Belv 2 from power brakes to manual due to cam/lack of vacuum issues. Does anyone know if the bolt pattern of the stock power brake unit is the same as a stock manual brake master cyl and will bolt straight on? Thanks

welcome to FBBO

a 66 has a single reservoir Master Cylinder (IIRC)
at a min I'd suggest that to change it to a latter style dual reservoir
if going to a manual set up

or put an electric pump & vacuum canister on it for the vacuum problem possibly
if you want to keep the power brakes

sorry off the top of my memory
I can't remember if the bolt pattern on the firewall on a 66
is the same or not, in 68-70 it is
if not
I'm sure there's adapters out there to make it work
especially if you go to a more modern MC

good luck

My 65 Belvedere was a standard 4 bolt mount. I think they are all the same. I used a 76 Volare manual Master cylinder, but I converted to disk brakes.

Bolt pattern is the same. However you need a different firewall plate than the power brakes, and a manual brake pushrod. These are the same from 66-70. You can use the stock single master cyl or switch to dual reservoir with the same parts pictured.

B7879894-9678-4561-9389-9A3ACD05063E.jpeg

Bolt pattern is the same. However you need a different firewall plate than the power brakes, and a manual brake pushrod. These are the same from 66-70. You can use the stock single master cyl or switch to dual reservoir with the same parts pictured.

View attachment 896250
Hi, Thank you! any idea where i can get one of those plates online? The linkage arm is included with the manual master..

View attachment 896250
also just checking mine out looks like pic..is it a different thickness?

A factory power brake plate has a round hole up higher. It won’t have the oblong hole like in the photo above. I can photo a power brake plate if you need to see it.

The outer shape is the same on both.

Auto Transport Service
Back