• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 charger glove box latch

Chief Hustle

Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a glove box latch for 66 charger. Broke mine trying to tighten the glove box door play. Only thing I can find online that looks like it is a DCK-945 which says it for a 55 thru 57 chevy is this the right part?

I broke mine 3 yrs ago doing same thing. Went to Ace hardware n bought a small sheet of same thickness steel. Traced the shape n cut it out. Bent the tab on the vice w hammer. Then smoothed the edges n painted black. Looks factory stock. Took about 30 minutes.

I broke mine 3 yrs ago doing same thing. Went to Ace hardware n bought a small sheet of same thickness steel. Traced the shape n cut it out. Bent the tab on the vice w hammer. Then smoothed the edges n painted black. Looks factory stock. Took about 30 minutes.
Will do if it comes to that, would really like a hardened one like the original. Pretty sure that why it broke it trying to bend it.
Thanks for the response!

Auto Transport Service
Back