• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Charger Memorial Project

hurmit4life

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi, All-

Been a day or two since I posted last. OK. Years. I've had a lot of things going on...new relationship that is now a happy marriage...buying property and building it up...BBQ sauce business...promotions at work...life is good.

I bought this 66 Charger in 2010 and started the mechanical rebuild. Then the stuff above happened and it sat untouched. In 2017, I wanted to get back on the project. I quickly realized I am not proficient at body work, so I farmed that out. Wanted to post a few photos of the progress.

This 66 Charger is a tribute to my oldest brother and to my father, who both passed away in the spring of 2010. A few high level details; 440 six-pack and 727 auto. Detroit TruTrack diff and 373 gears. 4 wheel disc conversion. Paint is Chrysler "black lava red". I'll have the fiberglass hood maintain a flat black finish. I know it's not "factory correct", but I have always liked those black hoods on the AAR's, Super Bees, RR's, etc.

I will go with American Racing Torque Thrust D in the gloss black. That should be a good match for the paint.

Hopefully will have the rolling chassis back from paint by end of February or early March. Intention is to have this back on the road by the fall.

20170607_172237.jpg Brake.jpg Differential 1.jpg Engine Bay 1.jpg image000000(10).jpg image000000(12).jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg imagejpeg_0(5).jpg imagejpeg_0(22).jpg imagejpeg_0(24).jpg

Sweet! Welcome back, looks like you have to going the right way

Auto Transport Service
Back