• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 column in a '65??

joesnow

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Can you use a later '66 A/T column in a '65 belevdere? Or are the firewall plate and holes totally wrong? I would like to get away from the cable shift trans to open up my options. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have a 65 and plan on doing the same thing, I've been told thats the way to go, but I haven't actually done it yet.

Can you use a later '66 A/T column in a '65 belevdere? Or are the firewall plate and holes totally wrong? I would like to get away from the cable shift trans to open up my options. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have a 66 that was a 3 speed on the column and i have a 64 column out of a pushbutton polara and they are the same dimensions. I havent installed it yet, but they should work.

I did that swap about 25 years ago its a bolt in. Just be sure to get all of the linkage with it. I also put a 77 Cordoba tilt column in my 73 Charger, it also was a bolt in.

Auto Transport Service
Back