• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet 500 interior door panel pics?

RemCharger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I was hoping someone might have some nice pics. Curious too if the panels slid into a screw on chrome trim. This ones a convert so if you had pics of the rear would be great as well thanks

chrome trim at the top

slides under then swings down and clips into holes

Thank you. I don't have the original panels, so I was going to make some (have some cardboards to start with). One thing I noticed from the back panels I have, the partition chrome to the carpets must be a 1 year/ 1 model part? I was going to use some from a Charger, but I think they're different. So 66, 500 only

Def 500 only.

Not sure about 66 only.

Might be same as Satellite as well.

I have a 67 belvedere 11 , no carpet. That led me to thinking, I don't believe ay other 66-7 bbodys other than charger had carpet doors

Coronet 500 has carpet at the bottom (and on seat backs)

I believe Satellite does too but am not 100%.

Sorry, yes I agree the 66 net 500s and chargers have door carpet. The 67s and satellites I will investigate. Trying to make or find something local. current shipping and exchange/duties will change cheap parts into $1000 real quick lol. Interestingly enough, that guys 67 500 doesnt have seatback carpet. Nor does the seats that came with my car (origins unknown for sure)

That might have been a Satellite item.

The '66 500 door panels have a thin stainless steel trim piece separating the vinyl and carpet at the bottom. The 440 models have faux stainless trim in the same area (it's part of the panel) and no carpet. Regarding the trim piece at the top of the panel - Some are screwed to the door and the panel slips into it and others the trim piece is kinda crimped onto the panel. I own 2 '66 Coronets and the early built car (Sept '65 Lynch Road) had the screwed on piece and the late built car (Aug '66 Los Angeles) had the crimped on trim. Not sure if the build dates have anything to do with it or if it was where they were built.

I've owned 3 66 Coronets, all 440s a 67 440, 2 67 Belvedere IIs and a 70 Super Bee (plus a 70 500 parts car)

All were screw on/ slide in top door panel trim.

I believe all were St Louis cars. None were Lynch Road cars.

Thats part of my problem! This car didn't come with original doors, no original door panels, but both screw on and crimped on upper trim. Its an early build car from sequential #s. I'm leaning towards screwed on trim

I have a bit of work to do on my Front Door Panels, but perhaps you can get the idea from these pics. From 66 Coronet 500 Convert.

IMG_4236.jpg
IMG_4237.jpg

Driver's side Front. These are Originals that I am working on bringing back to life. Have a bit of work to do on the vinyl around the lower edges. Backs coming.

IMG_4234.jpg
IMG_4235.jpg

Just installed them this week. Again, Originals that I rebuilt. Don't have a view of the inside, but you can see the inserts towards the front. Notice down real low some carpeting just at the bottom front. Let me know if you have other questions.

Here is a pic of the front door panel, Drivers side in the Original Car when we pull her out of the Barn.

IMG_1569.jpeg

How else can I help?

Auto Transport Service
Back