• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet brake bleeders

66 convert

Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a trick for loosening the front bleeders on a 66 coronet?The location they are in I cannot get a wrench on them.What kind of wrench do I need?

I had a similar problem on my '69 Road Runner. I heated and bent a wrench to fit.

That's why they make numerous brake bleeder wrenches, out there in the mechanical repair world.

brake bleeder wrenches.jpg

After you build or buy a wrench,If its stuck tight, careful dont twist it off.
You can apply some heat to the bleeder with a propane torch turned down LOW. dont fry the brake hose or the cly.
Sometimes they will have some rust/crud in the hole and will need a piece of wire ect to get it open to bleed

My 66 coronet has 11in drums up front .Does any one know what the bore size for the front wheel cylinders would be.

I stand corrected .I was measuring drums on the car not taking into account they are 1/2 in bigger all the way around to fit over backing plate.So I have 10in drums.

Auto Transport Service
Back