• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet hood

luvthyapril

Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the threaded stock that's inside the hood that's used to bolt the hinges too. Thanks i advance. Anthony

Is it moving or just stripped out? If its stripped you may be better off threading it one size up. If its loose and moving around well, thats another story.

There is a screw that holds it in place of which I broke but I wanted to remove them so as to clean out the rust and apply the Eastwood rust encapsulate paint before I drop the hood off at the body shop

The only way I can see to remove those plates is to either take the skin off the hood or chop a hole and slide them out. But then that will require re welding the hole up. But then again taking off the skin would require the same thing. But I'm certainly no expert.. Someone will chime in that is smarter than me.

Well that's not a option I thought it would just slide out since the end is sticking out but the hole is to small

I have my hood off of my 66 Belle I will look at it and get back to you.. I just looked at mine and took that screw out and you are correct it wont pull out of the hole.. Must be a trick to it. Funny thing is it slipped out of my fingers and now mine is sitting in the nose of the hood lol.

Last edited:
Well now you're in for it. The way I see it is to pull it out of the large hole down the back Channel of the hood and then pull it back up into place with some wire. What you think bout that let me know how it goes. Well goodnight I'm off to bed got an early load tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back